Gate and Bridge at Gutter ?

Gate and Bridge at Gutter ?

Postby PaulR » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:30 pm

I had a conversation with a few guys this weekend I forget exactly who, I think Songy was one. Somebody mentioned that the same kid or group of kids that tore down the gate on the south side also had their full size truck fall through a bridge out there? I guess this was told first-hand this weekend by a kid that was there this weekend wheeling with us?

I don't really care who he is, and I'm pretty sure he's not affiliated with you guys anyway, not sure if he's posting here, and I'm not out to get him at all, we all do stupid stuff, me included, and to boot I heard the kid that ripped the gate down is already paying for it.

MY CONCERN here is the status of the bridge, and does it need repair? Has anyone seen this bridge or can anyone PM details of how bad it is? I've already started the ball rolling on a bridge repair if need be. This has to be done VERY soon because if it's the bridge I'm thinking of the snowmobiles NEED it to cross a significant size stream bed and access the property.

Please PM me details of what you might have and stay tuned for a bridge repair party. Again, I don't care who broke it, I just want it fixed.

Thanks for reading.

Paul
PaulR

Re: Gate and Bridge at Gutter ?

Postby jsongy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:42 pm

It was the passenger in the Tracker. Anyone got his name?
219/309
jsongy
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Samibeaterheep » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:07 pm

ive never met him before then, he said his name was raymond something or other, hes got an 80 something fullsize chevy thats always up there from what i was told, to my knowledge the bridge is somewhere off the no. 6 road area? i dont know the area all that well, but from the conversation he was having it sounds like it was up that way, he said something along the lines of being there when the gate was torn down, i think it was songy that was talking to me about hearing that from him??? either way,(i posted something along these lines in the picture gallery from the weekend but ill post it here as well) id like to apoligize to the group for him being there, i didnt invite him, or my buddy with the tracker, my friend with the tracker was aware that i was going to be up there with alan and the group and said he was going up there with one of his friends(that being the redneck kid) and if he ran into us he ran into us, wasnt expecting him to join up with us, no one said anything regarding him being there, that i heard anyway, so i didnt say anything, however i told him later that it wasnt cool to just show up and expect to join in, especially considering it was a charity run, had it been just an open run of us all goofing around on a weekend i wouldnt have said anything, but i made him well aware thats not how we work and it wasnt appreciated. hes not affiliated with underground in anyway, hes just a friend i know from way back when and my blazer is at his garage while i build it, sorry if he wasnt welcome, however had someone said something to me i wouldve said something before we even headed out that morning. someone let me know about anything else regarding this, regardless id join in in fixing whatever needs to be fixed, the trails were alot of fun and id love to go back again--jay
Samibeaterheep
Banned

Primary Rig: 88 grocery getter

Postby PaulR » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:53 pm

Like I said I could honestly care less who he was or if he jumped in, it's not a big deal and its not like it was private property anyways. I don't own the land so I can't say anything, I just try to do what's right.
Everyone was welcome, if he didn't bring a toy for the kids that's on his conscience.

I'll try to check out the bridge in the coming days.
I'll report back and let you know what I find out.

If I see the kid out there drinking and driving, knocking over trees, or dumping couches then maybe I'll have something to say to him. Maybe he simply thought the bridge was strong enough, who knows.

Paul
PaulR

Postby Samibeaterheep » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:28 pm

thanks paul.
Samibeaterheep
Banned

Postby jsongy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:30 pm

Got an extra 4wheeler Paul? I've got this week off and would be more than willing to go find and repair the bridge with you.

I agree that repairing the bridge is a priority, as to promote/ support the multi-user expectations of Cowle's.

Thanks
219/309
jsongy
Seasoned Veteran

Postby BIIprospector » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:02 pm

I also have the week off and if you guys are going to do it i will be more than glad to help, plus its good to have big guys around to move stuff
I never said it would be pretty...
BIIprospector
UJ Alumni

Primary Rig: 89 BII

Postby BILLYjp2 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:14 pm

i can most likely get a quad and help out, keep us informed
When it comes to armeggedon, i'll drive my jeep cherokee right outta that mess
BILLYjp2

Primary Rig: 2001 XJ
Secondary Rig: 1986 MJ
3rd Rig: 2012 Tacoma

Postby navman » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:44 pm

I've got free time this weekend. I don't know about my gas leak yet but I could jump in with someone to help out. We could use my truck to get stuff out there if needed. Like someone said we want to make sure we don't piss off the snowmobile guys, they have money and numbers and really know how to cry when they need to. Count me in, just let me know when.
navman

Primary Rig: 95 YJ
Secondary Rig: 13 jk rubi
Tow Rig: 05 F150 SCharged

Postby Samibeaterheep » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:08 pm

id be more then happy to help, and i feel obligated to as well seeing how it stems off of someone i knew, if my help isnt wanted i understand, i just realize that i made a mistake and id like to do what i can to make it right
Samibeaterheep
Banned

Postby asp87 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:27 am

i might be around, but i might be working on my jeep... not sure. i'd be willing to help if i'm around. i'll keep watching for more details. it's gonna suck workin in this cold. digging won't be easy.
98 XJ perpetually on jackstands
asp87
I Don't Wheel

Primary Rig: 01 XJ

Postby PaulR » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:09 pm

jsongy wrote:Got an extra 4wheeler Paul? I've got this week off and would be more than willing to go find and repair the bridge with you.

I agree that repairing the bridge is a priority, as to promote/ support the multi-user expectations of Cowle's.

Thanks

No kidding, sweet.
I got two appointments tomorrow so I'm stuck at work. Thursday or friday late morning may work. The bridge is actually pretty darn close to the south side so we could meet and park there somewhere. Let me check my maps again and see what I can figure out, in the mean time I'm thinking Thursday Friday I drop the kids off at 8:30 and anytime after that I could meet. I'd just need one or two guys/rigs to tool out there real quick and take pics, I'm a puss and never go alone. You guys let me know what day is best for you.

How bad is that south side entrance to the lines off the road? I haven't seen it in a year. Can I get my stock F-150 up there, park and offload the quad?

Paul
PaulR

Postby asp87 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:15 pm

yeah you'd be able to get your stock f150 up off the road no problem. it's mostly babyheads, no loose dirt or anything. i don't know if you'd be able to back up it, but you could certainly get up off the road far enough if you pulled in. hasn't changed much since you last saw it :P i wouldn't even say that going up that first little bit would be too hard in 2H, certainly not hard in 4. depending on when you want to go take pics, i could go. i only have 2WD (locked, albeit) right now, but that part of the trail is real easy. we could always walk to the bridge, depending on how far it is and how lazy we are....
asp87
I Don't Wheel

Postby Samibeaterheep » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:29 pm

see my post in general discussion for some info regarding what went down etc. also, is the gate steel or wood? im assuming the bridge is wood? i ask because my ex works at leader home center and told me that the persons involved in the damage to both was just up there a day or 2 ago buying a bunch of stuff and said it was to fix the damage they had been caught doing?????? possible theyre fixing both gate and bridge?
Samibeaterheep
Banned

Postby PaulR » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:51 pm

Good to know. I'll check on this sami.

Why didn't they buy the lumber from Cowls????? :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the info yet again. It's nice to know these kids are making right on what they did wrong.

Tearing down gates and wrecking bridges can surely get us all kicked out of the place.

Paul
PaulR

Postby Samibeaterheep » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:04 pm

think the kids dad is trying to keep quiet. its not the first time his kid has done something dumb, everything he gets at cowls goes on his company account, i used cash once when i worked for him and they called him wondering wtf i was doing. the dr used to ask me all the time what his kid was up to when i was working on the farm, the kid gets into alot of trouble from what ive seen and know, i worked up there about a year and a half ago, looks like nothings changed...
Samibeaterheep
Banned

Postby asp87 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:11 pm

PaulR wrote:Why didn't they buy the lumber from Cowls????? :rolleyes:

haha that's what i was going to say.
asp87
I Don't Wheel

Postby jsongy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:28 pm

PaulR wrote:
jsongy wrote:Got an extra 4wheeler Paul? I've got this week off and would be more than willing to go find and repair the bridge with you.

Thanks

No kidding, sweet.
I got two appointments tomorrow so I'm stuck at work. Thursday or friday late morning may work. The bridge is actually pretty darn close to the south side so we could meet and park there somewhere. Let me check my maps again and see what I can figure out, in the mean time I'm thinking Thursday Friday I drop the kids off at 8:30 and anytime after that I could meet. I'd just need one or two guys/rigs to tool out there real quick and take pics, I'm a puss and never go alone. You guys let me know what day is best for you.

How bad is that south side entrance to the lines off the road? I haven't seen it in a year. Can I get my stock F-150 up there, park and offload the quad?

Paul
219/309
jsongy
Seasoned Veteran

Postby jsongy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:29 pm

PaulR wrote:
No kidding, sweet.

Paul

Let me know when you can make it. Nothing in my schedule
219/309
jsongy
Seasoned Veteran

Postby BIIprospector » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:53 pm

my F-250 is on 33s so if need be we can load lumber/supplies, or quads in it, whatever, and there is nothing in my schedule
I never said it would be pretty...
BIIprospector
UJ Alumni

Primary Rig: 89 BII

Postby navman » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:42 pm

I can't make it during the week, but if there is anything left to do on the weekend, I am available just let me know. I can use my truck and trailer or whatever.
navman

Postby jsongy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:31 pm

Chief asked if I can take his cruiser to MHQ for repair @ 11AM on Thurs.

HEY Paul - FRIDAY??? Or early afternoon Thurs?
219/309
jsongy
Seasoned Veteran

Postby navman » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:57 pm

The weather prob stopped everything in its tracks, but any word on this ?
navman

Postby asp87 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:47 am

navman wrote:The weather prob stopped everything in its tracks, but any word on this ?

i was wondering the same thing. then forgot to post :confused:
asp87
I Don't Wheel

Postby Samibeaterheep » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:57 am

likewise
Samibeaterheep
Banned

Next